I get into a bad habit of dismissing the simple things and not absorbing all the information that’s around me. Today I tried to pay attention and I’ll try again tomorrow, and the next day, and so on.
Today I’ve learned:
1. It is possible to stumble into the perfect job.
2. Maybe college doesn’t have to be completed traditionally.
3. Fish are happy when you clean their water
1. I was sitting at my desk job at an OB/GYN and I decided to look on Craigslist for a piano gig for some extra cash. While looking I ran into an ad looking for a piano teacher in Ahwatuhkee and decided to try regardless of how far off it seemed. I went in for an interview the next day and was offered a job on the spot. I getting ready to start week three and I am so excited. The owners of the studio held a staff Christmas party tonight and I got to meet a bunch of the other teachers. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have stumbled onto a job where there are people who support me and love doing what I do with me, and also have bosses that hug me at the door and are genuinely happy to see me become part of their family. I couldn’t have it better.
2. That being said, it’s been tough trying to commit to studying music at Arizona State. I am afraid that I may get burnt out of loving music because of the suffocating power that traditional schooling is forcing on all subjects. Maybe focusing on something else will help me love what I love more and appreciate making music more.
3. My beautiful fish Diaper needed a water change and I was a few days late… poor little guy. BUT today I changed it and he’s so happy. It is the cutest thing in the world to see my only little dependent happy to swim around and live in the same place with me.