People usually show you the things they like to do. They usually tell you what they enjoy if you listen. My birthday is right around the corner and I keep getting asked, “what would you like?” And I can’t think of an answer off the top of my head.
So I thought about it throughout this week.
- I like pottery painting
- Going out to breakfast
- I like new clothes
- I need a mouse pad and laptop sleeve
- My casual flats are worn thin
- I love flowers
- I want to go to Sedona and San Francisco and Oregon.
- Pendant necklaces are my favorite
- I like spending time with my favorite people
- I like being told I’m special
- I like funny pictures and cards
- My apartment walls are very bare.
- I need a bookcase
- Not spending my money on socks makes me happy
- I broke my straighter today
- Funny gadgets amuse me
It’s not too hard to figure out what people like/need. Supplying them with something they have to get anyway is great because then they don’t have to!
I like intimate, thoughtful surprises. No matter how small. Bring me french fries. Show up first thing in the morning and make me orange rolls. Plan a little art project for me and you. I love stuff, I love time, I love effort.
Making people smile is personally my favorite thing to do on a special occasion. You’ve just got to figure out how to do it 🙂